Sunday, February 21, 2010

Electric Dreams

I've been praying for an electric guitar for ages now. If only there was a breakthrough in our financial situation and my dad can finally buy a house.

I'm a huge (and I mean HUGE) fan of electric guitars. I believe all guitars are individual and have their unique sound. Nothing excites me more than the sound of an electric guitar.

I can be quite a fussy pot to satisfy when it comes to sound as well as price. So far, I've been blessed enough to be able to try a few Stratocasters, Les Pauls, Super Strats etc. I'm looking (hoping rather) for something that's reasonably cheap first of all, something with good sustain, a comfy and not too fat neck, and something that's good for blues. My favorites include Epiphone Les Paul (Standard of Custom makes not difference), Burny's Les Paul, and the Fender Mexican Stratocasters. None of them are feel perfect but I think the Burny's best fits the bill. However, Burny's is a hard to find brand and I do not foresee myself flying all the way to Japan just to get one.

As for amplifiers, my eyes are fixed on the Vox VT 30. It is a bloody good amp, even for the price. It offers all the amp models I need and will ever use.

Effects? Its either a POD X3 LIVE or a stomp boxes. The POD has good amp mods but already the Vox amp can do the trick, other than that, the effects are pretty normal. Individual stomp boxes on the other hand are very expensive, but you get what pay for and quality is pretty much assured.



you only live once,
Artking

No comments:

Post a Comment