Thursday, July 1, 2010

Down and Never Up

This a piece of homework I did for English as part of poetic studies. It was originally meant to be four lines of poetry, but I decided to finish what I started. The point of the task is to investigate the effect of poetic techniques and their applications in poetry as well as how feelings can be communicated indirectly. I did not get the chance to present my poem due to time constraints but here it is anyway. In case you are wondering, I am not psychotic.

My heart is chained to a mountain,
A burden too heavy to carry.
My heart is bound by the stem of a rose,
Piercing with every heartbeat.

Rid me of these memories,
These hideous acts of crime.

Should I run?
Should I hide?
Either way,
The demons will hunt me down,
I am never alone.


you only live once,
Artking.

No comments:

Post a Comment